• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation Lightroom at a new computer

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a serial numder for Lightroom. How to I install at a new computer?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Lightroom 6 is an upgrade that must be purchased separately and in addition to Lightroom 5. If you have a Lightroom 5 serial number then you can install Lightroom 5 on the new computer, but it would be necessary for you to purchase Lightroom 6. The trial version that you have installed is the Creative Cloud version. It requires that you pay a monthly or annual subscription fee to use it, and it doesn't require a serial number. So what is it that you REALLY want to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is for the new cloud version of Lightroom CC. It doesn't require a serial number. What version of Lightroom are you trying to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that if I have payed for Lightroom and installed it on a computer, I could intsall at at anotger (new) computer. Is this correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a license for Lightroom entitles you to install the program on two computers. What version are you trying to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Lightroom Classic but just got the trial version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have subscribed, and are paying the subscription fee, then make sure that you are signed in using the Creative Cloud application manager. Have you done that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, but I will!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then that is why you have a trial version. Once you get your subscription taking care of and get signed in, it will no longer be running in trial mode. The trial will last for seven days. During that time you will have full access to the program. And I don't understand why you have a serial number for. If you installed Lightroom Classic CC there is no serial number. Did you actually purchase Lightroom 6? If you did then that is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Lightroom 5 in October 2014 and intsalled at my note book. Now I tried to install Ligtroom 6 at my new computer (not a notebook). I got the message that the serail number is not valid. Maybe because I have just version no. 5???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 is an upgrade that must be purchased separately and in addition to Lightroom 5. If you have a Lightroom 5 serial number then you can install Lightroom 5 on the new computer, but it would be necessary for you to purchase Lightroom 6. The trial version that you have installed is the Creative Cloud version. It requires that you pay a monthly or annual subscription fee to use it, and it doesn't require a serial number. So what is it that you REALLY want to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe me … or not! I managed to install LR 5!!!
Thank you a lot, my friend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do believe you. And I'm glad you were able to get things sorted out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines