• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Computer not compatible for Media Encoder

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im trying to export an after effects video, but Im unable to use the media encoder to export.

Its saying I need a Mac 10.11 or higher to download, and when I went to update my computer I have the most recent update... this computer is only 4 years old so I cant imagine that Creative cloud is too advanced for my software.

Does anyone have any advice on downloading the media encoder or alternative exporting options?

>>> Ive already tried importing my file into premiere with no luck

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sophiar96214908  wrote

Its saying I need a Mac 10.11 or higher to download,

To download what?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The adobe media encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need to update your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, already have the most recent software update. Still won't download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media Encoder should have automatically installed with After After Effects.  You mentioned you are using Creative Cloud so....honestly you're not making much sense.  There's nothing you should be trying to download or even install.  If you installed After Effects through CC then you already have ME installed.

EDIT:  you *should* already have ME installed.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sophiar96214908  wrote

Yes, already have the most recent software update. Still won't download.

What operating system and version are you running? 

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats what is so confusing. Any other computer + software that Ive used has had the media encoder included. Im using Mac OS 13- high sierra... so the newest apple software. But when I try to download the most recent after effects or after effects cc  (not sure if theres a difference) it wont let me download because it says I need a software update. And I cant download the media encoder cc until I have the most recent after effects. I got on the phone with adobe help and they said i needed the most recent version of after effects in order to even get the encoder... essentially Im just going in circles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your original post said Media Encoder would not let you export a video from After Effects to Media Encoder.

Now you're saying the CC app will not allow you to download After Effects, meaning After Effects is not even

installed on your computer?

I'm bailing, sorry.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue have you ever got it to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After Effects system requirements - Adobe Inc. will give you the system requirements for AE 22, the earliest versions of After Effects (and Media Encoder) that you can download with the Creative Cloud app. Mac OS versions 10.15 or macOS Big Sur (11.*), macOS Monterey (12.*). should work. If your computer won't run at least OS 10.15, you need an earlier version of After Effects than you can get from the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines