• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save as and save for web. unwanted white space

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, im using a blank document preset for web ( Web medium 1440x900px @ 72 ppi) with the default settings. the thing is, when i try to export using save as or save for web i get a white space around my design, and i dont know why is this. the mate option is in none and still get the white space and you can see that in my design there's no white border

Captura1.JPG

Captura2.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First jpg does not support transparency and therefore the white background.

Second for a long time the edge would be trimmed when using save for web. (or is it the export as?) Anyway, I would assume it was added back in because of the complaints that some needed an easy way to center the image.
Lastly that may be one difference between save for web and export as - Now I am going to have to experiment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will quick add if you want it transparent on the edge, you would need a format like png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my design doesnt have any transparency (you can see in the second img) i dont know why the save for web or export as  add that white space or transparency.

and the screen on the first img is save for web

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, sorry I somehow missed that. I know artboards can play havoc on a layout when they are not really needed. Try ungrouping the artboard and see if that helps. Save first, just in case it have the opposite effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines