Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export in layers

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I need to export the XD file to Photoshop to send to developers.
Since there doesnt seem to be a decent way yet, I need to export to SVG, open in Illustrator, and then save to .psd from there.

However, when exporting to SVG and opening in Illustrator, the layers/groups all merge into one!

I need the file to be exported to various layers so as to send the work to the developers.

How would I export from XD to SVG in various layers??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Just because developers ask for PSD, doesn't mean they actually need one. That may be he workflow they are used to, but times are changing. With XD's spec sharing, they can get the info they need to code the webpage (and it's even better than using Photoshop). You can learn more about working with XD specs here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/design-specs-for-developers.html

You can export the graphics the developers need straight from XD, share the specs with them, and you should be all set. T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juliaa,

Thanks for using Adobe XD and sharing your feedback about export to Adobe Photoshop. I would request you to upvote this feature here: - Export to Photoshop / PSD format – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs and share more information in comments. As of now, for a workaround, I would recommend you to check this link: How do i open a .Xd in Psd?​

Hope this helps, please feel free to reach out to us for further assistance.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because developers ask for PSD, doesn't mean they actually need one. That may be he workflow they are used to, but times are changing. With XD's spec sharing, they can get the info they need to code the webpage (and it's even better than using Photoshop). You can learn more about working with XD specs here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/design-specs-for-developers.html

You can export the graphics the developers need straight from XD, share the specs with them, and you should be all set. Talk to the developers about this new workflow and you shouldn't need a PSD.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the developers will just export whatever you put into PSDs anyways? That sounds like an extra unneeded step. To export individual assets by layer, go to the layer and on the right side you should see a "Mark for Batch Export" icon. Click on it to mark it and once your finished marking all your layers/groups, go to File > Export > Batch. This will automatically save all those layers that you checked "Mark for Batch Export". You'll get a save dialog and the option to batch all those layers as a png, svg, pdf or jpg.

Combine this with the Design Specs recommended above and your development team will save a lot of time in your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reverse question. The icon consists of several layers. As when exporting to svg, merge these layers into one. Now the icon is saved in separate layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines