• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Private Images are shown on Adobe when sharing computer with two user profiles

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop Elements v6 on a laptop shared by another user with their own profile.

When I went I launched Photoshop Elements it showed me the last folder and images opened. This so happened to have been edited by the other user who has their own Windows Login. As the folders are not shared but private these images should not have been available to me. I cannot see within the program settings how to hide the last files worked on, but have set the number of last files visible to zero. The other images folder was still shown though.

How can I stop seeing private files please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the Photoshop Elements forum where you are more likely to get a reply relevant to your question.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this might be a Windows issue?

Try reverse engineering from here:

files+not+shared+available+to+other+user+profile+Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

techtive  wrote

I am using Photoshop Elements v6 on a laptop shared by another user with their own profile.

When I went I launched Photoshop Elements it showed me the last folder and images opened. This so happened to have been edited by the other user who has their own Windows Login. As the folders are not shared but private these images should not have been available to me. I cannot see within the program settings how to hide the last files worked on, but have set the number of last files visible to zero. The other images folder was still shown though.

How can I stop seeing private files please?

While keeping images private in different profiles is a Windows issue, sharing or not catalogs is possible in Elements. In the catalog manager, there is a 'move' button to move catalogs in either a shared or a private location.

Anyway, I would never have thought of using different profiles today. It's so easy and safe to keep your images and personal catalog(s) on an external USB drive for each user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines