Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing 4K

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Soon i'm going on a trip and i want to make a video of that. So, to have a great video i want to film in 4k but the problem is, i dont have a good computer. I tried to use proxy in one short video and that was smooth but i wonder if i have a lot of video in my timeline in 4k, premiere pro will be smooth or not ?

If you think it's not possible have you a solution to be more smooth ?

Thank you.

(sorry for my english i'm french )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

All depends on many things. From CPU speed, RAM on your rig, drive-access speed, the particular proxies used, how many of the hard-resource effects you use such as Lumetri, tracked masks, that sort of thing.

Posting your computer specs would give us a basis for opinions on your likely results.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All depends on many things. From CPU speed, RAM on your rig, drive-access speed, the particular proxies used, how many of the hard-resource effects you use such as Lumetri, tracked masks, that sort of thing.

Posting your computer specs would give us a basis for opinions on your likely results.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello thank you for your answer

Link of my cpu : https://products.amd.com/fr-fr/search/APU/AMD-A-Series-Processors/AMD-A8-Series-APU-for-Desktops/A8-...

I have 8 Go of ram

For the proxies, i use the format quicktime and the settings gopro cineform

And, it's for a travel video so, i will do a transition like smoothzoom and more like that... and i will use the lumetri but, not the mask or other things.

Finally i have one last question, to be more smooth it's possible to make the video several parts (make several rendering and in the end gather all part and make one rendering).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will need at least 32 GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines