• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Continuing an Action in Illustrator while in Button Mode

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've built an Action that requires a step that cannot be recorded. So the Action pauses while I manually complete the step. Once done (if in list mode) I click the play button and it continues the Action where it left off. However if I am viewing my Actions in Button Mode I cannot figure out a way to continue the Action. Anyone have suggestions or a solution on how to continue the Action while in Button Mode. I just prefer viewing my Actions that way and hope there is a way!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means you inserted a stop an turned on the Allow Continue option, but there is no Continue button in the alert if you are in Button mode, right?

That does work for me, either in List mode or Button mode.

Which version of Illustrator are you using? Can you share this action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I have Allow Continue turned off as I need to manually complete a task before continuing the Action. I cannot find a way to resume the Action after manually completing the task, unless in List Mode and I press the Play button again.

If I press the button again (when in Button Mode) it just starts the Action over again from the beginning, not from where I had placed the "Stop".

I am running Illustrator CC 2017 21.1.0. I'm not sure how to attach a file to this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can’t attach an .ai file here directly. Try putting on a file sharing site like Dropbox or Google Drive or Adobe Cloud and post a link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines