Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a 3D style object

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey All,

Thanks for having me, I work for a packaging company and I'd like to supply clients with a simple 3D style image of what their job should look like on what ever packaging they choose, in this case carry bags.

I have had a bit of a play of Envelope Distort on the objects for the face and gusset, but there are too many steps with the way I'm doing it and I need to streamline the process for numerous reasons.

Any ideas, tips or hints? They would be greatly appreciated, or is there a third party program I could get and use?

Below is what I'm trying to achieve, again thank you!

group-shot.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Have you checked out Adobe Dimensions? If you have the full Adobe CC, you already have access to the program and it is made for what you want to do. Here is a YouTube video that shows how it works:

What is Adobe Dimension (October 2017) | Adobe Creative Cloud - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked out Adobe Dimensions? If you have the full Adobe CC, you already have access to the program and it is made for what you want to do. Here is a YouTube video that shows how it works:

What is Adobe Dimension (October 2017) | Adobe Creative Cloud - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks we'll check it out, we do have the full version, again thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As an alternative, as well as supplementary information about variable batch automation, you may check out my LinkedIn article featuring such use with the free Cineware Illustrator 3D plugin: Variable Data with the Cineware for Illustrator 3D plugin | LinkedIn

In this article you can learn about some Cineware plugin usage as it was in first week of release, as well as techniques for using Illustrator's variable data to replace the logos projected inside the 3D thing with different logos! I don't know about how much the Dimension app could be integrated with Illustrator, but if they went that route one day, I would expect their logic to be similar - so hopefully the principles in this article could be applied with other applications which hook into Illustrator's art structure in a similar way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines