• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unexpected Sign in failure trying to sync to Lightroom CC within Lightroom Classic CC

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using the most recent Lightroom Classic CC on my iMac and am successfully signed into Creative Cloud. I have in the past been able to successfully sign into Lightroom CC in the grey box on Classic so that my photos can sync, but it has always been buggy. Recently, I can't sign in to sync at all.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom Classic CC and resetting the preferences. None of these have helped. I get the message "Lightroom has experienced an unexpected sign in failure. Please try again later."

Has anyone had this problem and is there a fix? I like to use Classic on my desktop and be able to do some editing with Lightroom CC my iPad, but now I can't get the two to sync.

I have also signed in and out of Creative Cloud and clearing all syncing errors in the preferences panel.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Hi Meganb,

As you're not able to sign in, could you please try the steps mentioned below and let us know if it helps?

1. Open System Preferences in Mac OS.

2. Select Sharing.

3. Enter your computer name into the Computer Name field. The computer name you need to enter into this field is in the text directly under this field, and contains a .local suffix. The computer name you need to enter is this name, but without the .local.

Note: If the computer name in the text is just .local, enter whatever comp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meganb,

As you're not able to sign in, could you please try the steps mentioned below and let us know if it helps?

1. Open System Preferences in Mac OS.

2. Select Sharing.

3. Enter your computer name into the Computer Name field. The computer name you need to enter into this field is in the text directly under this field, and contains a .local suffix. The computer name you need to enter is this name, but without the .local.

Note: If the computer name in the text is just .local, enter whatever computer name you wish into the Computer Name field, but do not include the .local.

4. Close System Preferences.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that worked! It's working now and hopefully will continue to do so. The names were off by just a few characters.  Thank you!

Regards,

Megan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad we got it working Megan! please feel free to reach out to us for any future queries!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

My original problem is back. It just stopped connecting and I get the same message as before. Is there any further advice?

Thanks,
Megan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines