• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paint Brush

Engaged ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to make the outline of the paint brush more visible by increasing the width or color of the circle?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Are you having issues with particular brush presets, or with everything?

What cursor options are you using in Preferences?  I personally like to use Full size, so I know far soft brush presets will spread, and I always have Show Crosshair checked, so I know exactly where I am touching down.  This is particularly useful when using the Clone tool, for instance.

What operating system, and version of Photoshop are you using? 

Is this issue most apparent with busy backgrounds?  I'm guessing this will b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I understand about brushes, they are defined by their original shape, so I would say no. That said I would love to be wrong. Brushes are complex tools; possibly themes complex tools PS, so there may well be a way to do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having issues with particular brush presets, or with everything?

What cursor options are you using in Preferences?  I personally like to use Full size, so I know far soft brush presets will spread, and I always have Show Crosshair checked, so I know exactly where I am touching down.  This is particularly useful when using the Clone tool, for instance.

What operating system, and version of Photoshop are you using? 

Is this issue most apparent with busy backgrounds?  I'm guessing this will be a yes.  The example below shows the cursor to be more apparent on plain white and black backgrounds, than area filled with noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you having trouble with the cursor or the paint?

-SB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is not possible. In the preferences (screenshot that has posted) there are no extra controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines