• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with Automate->Batch actions and ran into a problem...

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am resizing photos from 300dpi to 72dpi.

I have learned to open one of the photographs in the folder, create/record the action --   Resize, save and then stop the recording to save the action.

Well, create a new action, title it and then record while I resize the photo, save it & a jpeg options window pops up. I make the selection and the file is saved and closed. I then stop the recording.

It works great, but I have started running into a problem with certain photos.

I will go to a folder to resize the photos. Select the folder and it starts fine, but after it finishes resizing certain photos, the same jpeg option window pops up and you have to hit enter to finish the resizing. So, I'm basically sit in front of my computer hitting enter multiple times.

What can I do to have this action part of the action I created? I have tried recording the action several times, but nothing stops the jpeg options window to pop up.

Photoshop 7 - I've had this version of Photoshop since college and have never upgraded. I'm sure the updated versions have more actions and can be easier to use, but I've worked with this one for years and have never needed to upgrade. I am also using Windows and not Apple.

Thanks for any help,

Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could just use a free image converter like XnView or Irfanview? Hard to understand why people hang on to such inefficient workflows. That aside simply check your "suppress warnings" settings on the actions and make sure your files don't contain any extra metadata that might throw things off, which most likely is the issue here.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the corner of a book, or mousepad, weighed down with something (mouse, mug) on the enter key on your number pad (hopefully you have a number pad, or it will be trickier to weigh down the enter key in the middle of your keyboard) Then you can walk away from your keyboard as any dialog box is automatically OKed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file formats are the photos that cause the jpeg options to show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking either the photos have layers or the Image Mode is something other than 8 Bits/Channel.

Try putting a Flatten Image (Layer>Flatten Image) and Convert Mode (Image>Mode>8 Bits/Channel) step(s) in your action.

sj.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming these batched images are for the web?

Why not use the Image Processor?  In PS CC, you'll find it under File > Scripts > Image Processor.

You can batch process an entire folder of images to JPG without interruption.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know about Version 7, but the latest verion has an option when choosing the Automate action to "Override Save As setting" where you can choose the file name, numbering, and extension which will override the settings you recorded.  I recorded the Save in my action where I went through selecting the jpg options on the pop up, then selected the override so they don't all save with the same name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines