• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC Color profiles missing

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I recently re-imported a lot of my presets stored on Dropbox into my Lightroom. Most of them use Adobe Standard and are fine, but there are a good chunk (VSCO presets mainly with a few other random ones that use film profiles too) that give me the "Profile missing" error message.

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 11.33.59 AM.png

I browsed around on the forums (looked here) but was unable to find a solution that worked. I just updated my Lightroom hoping that would solve the problem, but it did not. Yes, I'm shooting raw files.

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 11.35.21 AM.png

The color profiles don't seem to be anywhere in my profile browser, and I'm struggling to locate them to put them in the right place. I ideally do not want to have to go through and manually edit the presets in text edit to point to the right location (even if I knew where that was) because there are literally hundreds of them. Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve this on my Mac by going to the new Settings subfolder in the Camera Raw folder, and then delete all the 'index.dat' files I could find there.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I don't have a Settings subfolder in the Camera Raw folder, I just have these:

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 12.53.53 PM.png

The CameraProfiles and LensProfiles each have one index.dat file, however!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably looking in the wrong Camera Raw folder. You should not look in the root Library folder, but the user Library folder. If it is hidden, then select the ‘Go’ menu in the Finder while holding the shift key.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! I was looking in the wrong Camera Raw folder. I deleted the correct index.dat files and restarted lightroom, but still have the missing profiles unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are the profiles still in the CamerProfiles subfolder? If so and if there’s an index.dat file in that folder, try deleting that one too.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines