• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Documents disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My documents have just disappeared out of the blue. Although I can see and open them from the ‘Files’ app, I can’t see any document from the Adobe Acrobat Reader app.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We just released Acrobat Reader 18.07.30 to the App Store on July 23, 2018.

This version contains the fix for the display glitch that occurred only on iOS 12 Beta.  All of your existing documents should reappear in Recent, Local, Document Cloud, and Dropbox.

Please let us know if it works for you.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anantgupta,

As you have mentioned that the documents disappeared, please let us know where exactly did you save the PDFs?

Are you looking for the documents under Local or the Document Cloud?

Did you uninstall the application from your device?

Would like to inform you if you uninstall the application from the iOS device without a backup of the files, all the files in the Local will be deleted.

If you have saved the files in the Document Cloud, you can check the files online here https://cloud.acrobat.com

Open the link and use the same Adobe ID and the password that you used to sign in on the mobile application.

Once you are signed in, go to Files > Document Cloud.

All the files that you have saved on Document Cloud will be listed there on the right hand side of the window.

Let us know if you are experiecning a different issue.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had by documents in Local as well as in Document Cloud. Now I can‘t see them anywhere.

https://i.redd.it/epo3n0ebly811.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot that you have shared above shows the Recent tab in the application.

It shows the PDFs that you have recently opened. It seems that the recent files have been cleared from there.

Please click on "Recent" tab shown in the screenshot below:

Then select "Local" or "Document Cloud" from the drop-down list. Check the screenshot below:

Check if you can find the files listed there.

Also, did you check your PDFs in Document Cloud online here https://cloud.acrobat.com/?

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the tabs are showing any documents. I even tried to create a new folder but nothing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Domains account with G Suite desapear out of Sutter or Google G Suite blocked my access to it for like month 1/2 and because they blocked I can't get no communication with that's funny because I been complaining and they sending link rapid way to verify my Domain and none of they stupid links work to verify my Domain but they don't have they decency to call me to try to figure out like I said they sending links quick response but they shit don't work but no time to call customer to a lease trying to resolve issues is to much to ask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same thing that happened to me recently over the last couple of weeks. I had many pdf’s saved in the document cloud as well as the local folder. They all just disappeared from the entire app. All files in the local, document cloud and recents just disappeared with no action of my own. I tried logging off and back on, also tried deleting the app and re-downloading it with no luck. I decided to go and download all the files I had saved and it will not save them anywhere. They won’t even stay in the recent folder. The app just seems to be broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened with me around the same timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my documents in all folders of the reader app have disappeared. There is nothing showing anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if the issue is with the iOS you are using, but I have the same issue. It started after I had installed iOS 12 public beta.

Hoping adobe optimizes pdf reader for ios 12, soon!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine also started after I downloaded iOS 12 beta as well. Sounds like you may have found the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please make sure that you are signed in with the correct ID on your mobile application.

Could you please confirm if you can view your files that you have saved on Document Cloud online?

If you have not checked, open this link https://cloud.acrobat.com and sign in with the same Adobe ID that you used to sign in to your Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile application.

Then go to Files > Document Cloud and check if the files are available there.

Also, try once to sign out of the application and reboot the device.

Then sign-in again with the same Adobe ID.

Check if that helps.

If you are still not able to view PDFs in the Adobe Acrobat Reader mobile application, please provide the information asked below:

- Adobe Acrobat Reader version number

- Confirm if the issue started only after the iOS 12 beta version update.

- Check if you can open the new PDFs in the application and if it appears in the list when you close the PDF.

The information will help us to further investigate the issue.

We will be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my documents appear in the document cloud provided through the link. I’m working with Version 18.03.31 And the issue started after installing iOS 12 beta. I’ve signed out and rebooted but my documents still are not showing in the app at any time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Build 18.03.31 (182905)

2.  Started after installing iOS 12 beta

3.  New documents will open but do not appear in recents even after being saved.

Please optimize soon!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi,

The build number is 18.03.31 and the issue indeed started after installing iOS 12 Public beta. Also, I can open new documents but none of them appear in any list. Even new folders cannot be seen in any list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anantgupta​, victorv87725714​, javiera25418280​, monicaw55162831​, thomasp30839574​,

Apple just released iOS 12 Beta 4.

Would you please update to iOS 12 Public Beta 4 and let us know whether or not you see the "disappearing documents" problem with Acrobat Reader 18.03.31?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple released the Developer Beta 4, I believe. My phone is not showing an update available for Public Beta. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I missed soI can find my resume profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is still there even after the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help me how to figure out because G Suite looks like either don't care about customer or can't figure out how help customer when they have issues with Service that they even charged you but can't provide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by the compatibility issue with Acrobat and iOS 12 Beta.

We are actively investigating the problem.  Here's what we know so far.

• The problem is unique to Acrobat and iOS 12 Beta.  (The problem does not happen with Acrobat on iOS 11.x or 10.x.)
  • Your documents are not lost.  The documents are still intact on your device or cloud.  Acrobat does not correctly display the existing documents in the file listing user interface due to layout issues with iOS 12 Beta.
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat will not fix the problem with iOS 12.

We'd highly recommend against uninstalling Acrobat. You will lose all your local documents and other app data if you uninstall Acrobat.

As a workaround, you can access your local documents using the Files app on iOS 12.

ios11-files-app-icon.png

1. Launch the Files app.
  2. Go to Browse.
  3. Tap "On My iPhone" / "On My iPad".
  4. Go to the Adobe Acrobat folder.
  5. Tap to open a document in the folder.  The document will be opened in Acrobat.

Files app Browse.png

Files app Adobe Acrobat.png

Please note that you can open the documents that are stored on your iPhone/iPad using the Files app.  To open the documents stored in Document Cloud or Creative Cloud, please use the web interface in the meantime.

https://cloud.acrobat.com/

We will post again when we have a fix for the problem.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We just released Acrobat Reader 18.07.30 to the App Store on July 23, 2018.

This version contains the fix for the display glitch that occurred only on iOS 12 Beta.  All of your existing documents should reappear in Recent, Local, Document Cloud, and Dropbox.

Please let us know if it works for you.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please recover my files 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Somnath29892759z930,

Hope you are doing well. Per the description, you want to restore deleted documents.

If you have used the option to delete the file from within the application, I fear you will not be able to restore the file.

You might want to check here: https://acrobat.adobe.om/link/documents/ if the files are available. If not, you must contact the creator to get the files again.

Hope this clarifies your question.

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines