Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

big size document after sign - eID client .p12 certificate

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I would like to ask about document size after sign with .p12 certificate. Long time worked everithing properly. Before sign the pdf doc has around 130kB, after sign it was around 180kB. But now after sign the document has 3.03MB. What happend?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Ondrej

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ondrej,

We're sorry for the trouble you had, please refer to the following Adobe discussions and articles and try the suggestions marked as helpful and correct File Size Growth when digitally signed

Electronically signing PDF file increases file size by approximately 3 MB

File size increases dramatically after digital signature

What is the dot version of Adobe Reader installed? To identify refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Is it a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version?

Is it specific to one PDF that it's size increases when you use the certificate of with all the PDF files?

let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anand,

version of my adobe reader is Adobe Acrobat Reader DV - Slovak (18.011.20055), im on Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit. I have the same problem with all PDF files after digital sign. For example i made empty PDF with size 78,8kB, after digital signature it has 3,07MB.

Regards

Ondrej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Anand,

i tried to use the solution from Electronically signing PDF file increases file size by approximately 3 MB

The truth is that after apply this procedure, the size after sign was ok, but there was other problem with validation:

So now i have two possible states after digital sign but both are bad - big size document or normal size document with invalid signature...

Regards

Ondrej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

any other ideas? My friend has the same electronical sight and work OK with normal size, only one difference is thet he is using Win 10 and i have Win 7.

Regards

Ondrej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Ondrejn,

We're sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Are you still experiencing the issue or it is fixed?

Install the latest patch of Adobe Reader and check DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

I assume there is a possibility when the first signer signed the document the document got locked. To check open the document in Reader or Acrobat, click on File>Properties>Security tab. Check if you have permissions to sign the document.

To check open the document in Reader or Acrobat, click on File>Properties>Security tab. Check if you have permissions to sign the document.

If the issue persists, remove Adobe Reader using Acrobat Cleaner tool Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install the latest version of Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines