• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent syncing of previous catalog's collections

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if there's a way to prevent LR from re-importing a previous catalog's photos, once I've created and started syncing a new catalog?

For now, I've exited mid-massive download and opened LR CC. I've manually deleted everything from the previous catalog. Now I've allowed LR Classic to resume.

I like seeing the current catalog on my mobile device. But I don't need to see old work I've already put to bed being re-imported, especially into the desktop app.

Is there a simple way to opt out of this behavior? My current work around is too cumbersome and time-consuming.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you syncing from more than one local folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeanclaudephoto  wrote

Wondering if there's a way to prevent LR from re-importing a previous catalog's photos, once I've created and started syncing a new catalog?

For now, I've exited mid-massive download and opened LR CC. I've manually deleted everything from the previous catalog. Now I've allowed LR Classic to resume.

I like seeing the current catalog on my mobile device. But I don't need to see old work I've already put to bed being re-imported, especially into the desktop app.

Is there a simple way to opt out of this behavior? My current work around is too cumbersome and time-consuming.

Thanks!

No, there isn't. When you sync a Lightroom Classic catalog, every single image that is in the cloud but not yet in that catalog will be downloaded. There is no way to stop that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really stupid. And disappointing. But mostly stupid.

*sigh* Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other alternative is to simply sync the collections that you want rather than migrate the entire catalog. The only problem is that they will only be smart previews rather than full-sized images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way I understand it is that the OP already did that. The images in the cloud are images from a previously synced (different) catalog. In the past, images from a previously synced catalog would be deleted from the cloud when you synced a new catalog. Now they remain and so they'll download into that new catalog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JohanEl54  wrote

The way I understand it is that the OP already did that. The images in the cloud are images from a previously synced (different) catalog. In the past, images from a previously synced catalog would be deleted from the cloud when you synced a new catalog. Now they remain and so they'll download into that new catalog.

That is correct.

I guess I have to get into the habit of remembering to un-sync collections after I've finished with them from now on.

I don't mind changes to my workflow if they actually contribute something. But this isn't one of those types of changes.

Adobe...Always keeping me on my toes  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines