Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom main computer transition?

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been using a Mac desktop as my main Lightroom computer - it's where I upload the files from my DSLR straight into Lightroom. However, I would like to transition away from this desktop as it is too slow!

1) What do I need to do in order to make another computer my default for Lightroom? Does a "default" even matter? I guess I'm thinking in terms of where the original files go.

2) Do I just save the raw files from the desktop to a hard drive, and then remove the computer as one of my two available licenses? And then start fresh on my new laptop?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

It would help if you stated the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom. We need the NUMBER and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

To move Lightroom and catalog and photos to a new computer, please read: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

You can have Lightroom installed and activated on two computers at any one time, so to make another computer the "default", you flip the switch in your mind, and voila! It's now the default computer. If you're noever going to

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if you stated the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom. We need the NUMBER and not words like "latest" or "up-to-date".

To move Lightroom and catalog and photos to a new computer, please read: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

You can have Lightroom installed and activated on two computers at any one time, so to make another computer the "default", you flip the switch in your mind, and voila! It's now the default computer. If you're noever going to use Lightroom again on a certain computer, then you could de-activate it  by signing out of the Adobe Creative Cloud application on your computer (but not if you have Lightroom 5 or earlier)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JW,

Victoria Bampton has written a thorough article on this very topic which you can find here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Hope this is helpful in getting you on your way with your new laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines