• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best CPU for rendering in Premiere (2018)

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just got hired into a hospital system as the AV coordinator. I have been given the liberty of upgrading the current editing station (Dell XPS) with the following specs:

i7-4790 CPU 3.6Ghz

16GB RAM

1TB HDD

Rendering with this machine has been a pain. I just wanted to know what pre-built workstation would be best to purchase in 2018. Debating on Dells 7900, HP Z8, and or Alienware 51 (i9 X series). My priority would be maximum rendering speeds since I am rendering daily.

[Moderator note: moved to best forum.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using this Alienware Laptop R5 17 with these spec's below.  My rendering times are under 2mins so far. Although a desk top probably be cheaper?  Hope this helps. Dwaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best place to ask this would be the Hardware forum found in the list of associated forums on the right side of this forum's Overview page. On my phone I don't have the link to post for you.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll get more bang for you buck if you build rather than buy.  You do yourself a disservice if you can't build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines