• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using 50fps videos and 24fps videos in the same timeline?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, i shot a film recently and i mainly shot on my camera using 1080p 50fps however i also had someone record some behind the scenes style footage i would also like to include in the final video, if i drag the video to the same timeline as the rest of the 50fps footage and export as 1080p 50fps will this work or will the film look corrupted? i want to keep the film as 50fps ideally

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i drag the video to the same timeline as the rest of the 50fps footage and export as 1080p 50fps will this work or will the film look corrupted?

Try it and let us know how things go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually export settings are set to match the most of your footage at same settings.

But sometimes there are people who break the rules for certain artistic reasons, it depends ...

As Ann said, try and let us know ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest that you create a 24 FPS timeline and drop all your 24 FPS clips onto it.  Then export as a 48 FPS file and re-import.  If you now drop your 48 FPS file onto your master edit time-line at 50 FPS it should play satisfactorily, but Premier will duplicate a frame every 24 frames which will create a slight stutter in smooth motion.  90% of the time this wont be visually apparent.  If you get a section that looks bad, make a sub-clip and use Modify/Interpret Footage and set Assume Frame Rate to 50.  This will speed up the footage by 4% so you need to watch you sync with other clips and your sound pitch will have altered.     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, without mentioning the version of Premiere you are using, with CC 2018, I do not think it has any drawbacks, in the best case you will have to use it as time interpolation "Optical Flow".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kevthepirate,

What did you end up doing? Let us know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines