• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import raw file to lightroom cloud-base CC

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i took picture i took both JPEG and Raw format. I imported them to iPhoto on my MacBook Pro and i can see there is a little "J" label on my pictures so i know the MacBook has stacked my Raw file and JPEG file. Now when i tried to import the picture to the light room, it will only import the JPEG format. It won't import the Raw format.

I tried clicking the 'preference' in lightroom (the cloud base light room), hopping to find import preference, where i can check the box for "treat Raw file and JPEG file as separate file". But when i click the "preference", there is no such option at all. What i can see is (on the left), Account, Local storage, General and Interface. I went to all 4 selections and i can't find the option for "treat Raw file and JPEG file as separate file". Under the General, the option i have is only "prevent system to sleep during sync while connect to power", "Use Graphics Processor", and Import "Add copy right to imported images". Why i can't find the option to "treat Raw file and JPEG file as separate file"??

Btw, when i import the photo to light room, i don't go to a folder find the pictures since they are loaded to iPhoto. The only place i can find my imported photo is under Media, under Photo, and iPhoto library.

Can somebody help please. I am so confused.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to all 4 selections and i can't find the option for "treat Raw file and JPEG file as separate file".

There is no such option in the Cloud-based Lightroom CC. Only in the desktop-based Lightroom Classic CC which uses a catalog.

Which camera make and model are your Raw files from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If cloud-base do not have such an option to treat JEPG and Raw as separate file, then how else can i import the raw file to Lightroom? I subscribe to the monthly plan and it is locked for the year. What a waste of money if i can't import raw file to lightroom cloud-base. Is there any work-around?

I am using Panasonic Lumix GX85 to take photo both at Raw and JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XiChenhasquestion  wrote

When i took picture i took both JPEG and Raw format. I imported them to iPhoto on my MacBook Pro and i can see there is a little "J" label on my pictures so i know the MacBook has stacked my Raw file and JPEG file. Now when i tried to import the picture to the light room, it will only import the JPEG format. It won't import the Raw format.

I tried clicking the 'preference' in lightroom (the cloud base light room), hopping to find import preference, where i can check the box for "treat Raw file and JPEG file as separate file". But when i click the "preference", there is no such option at all. What i can see is (on the left), Account, Local storage, General and Interface. I went to all 4 selections and i can't find the option for "treat Raw file and JPEG file as separate file". Under the General, the option i have is only "prevent system to sleep during sync while connect to power", "Use Graphics Processor", and Import "Add copy right to imported images". Why i can't find the option to "treat Raw file and JPEG file as separate file"??

Btw, when i import the photo to light room, i don't go to a folder find the pictures since they are loaded to iPhoto. The only place i can find my imported photo is under Media, under Photo, and iPhoto library.

Can somebody help please. I am so confused.

This sounds like you first import the pictures in iPhoto? That could mean that iPhoto has moved the raw file inside its library package, and so Lightroom can't see it anymore. That is why Lightroom will import the only thing that is left: the jpeg image. Don't try to work with Lightroom and iPhoto at the same time. Make up your mind which one you want to use, and then stop using the other one.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The iPhoto actually has my raw file, because i can edit the raw file if i use the iPhoto editor. There is an option to edit raw file if i click edit the picture in iPhoto. But i don't want to use iPhoto's editor. I want to use Lightroom, which has much more functionality. Just don't know how i can import those raw photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So stop using iPhoto! You can export the raw images from iPhoto (export original). Then you can import the, into Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I think i got the answer. I just realized that lightroom CC and lightroom classic are two applications and i can download both of them since i am subscripted to their monthly plan. I solved the problem by downloading lightroom Classic CC and then i follow this youtube: Lightroom: How to Import Photos from Mac's Photos App - YouTube . Now my problem is solved. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

XiChenhasquestion  wrote

Hi all

I think i got the answer. I just realized that lightroom CC and lightroom classic are two applications and i can download both of them since i am subscripted to their monthly plan. I solved the problem by downloading lightroom Classic CC and then i follow this youtube: Lightroom: How to Import Photos from Mac's Photos App - YouTube . Now my problem is solved. Thanks. 

Do realize that if you upload images to the cloud from Lightroom Classic, they won’t be originals but smart previews only.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines