Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie problems with exporting GoPro5 footage

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there !

At first, I want to say Hi for You all - I'm Gregor and I just started my journey with video making and editing

So I have a question. I'm shooting video's in 2.7k 60 fps using GoPro Hero 5 Black. And on my PC raw footage looks great. Then, I'm editing some colors etc. in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 (Because I shoot in protune).

I want to export final clip to 1920x1080 30fps resolution. And I have a problem with the quality of exported videos to YouTube. The video looks like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgPBUadvpvQ

(just a test drive with gimbal)

Gimbal + Color grading cinematic test 1st try - YouTube

Is it only me, or this footage is not so good? I see very big lack of quality - some blur-ish pixels, lack of sharpness...

As I mention, raw footage looks great, so the problem must be in something that I do in Premiere.

I checked very big amount of topics at this forum and nothing seems to work.

These are my settings:

Sequencesettings.jpg

RenderSettings.jpg

Bitrate I usually set to min. 40 max. 50.

Can someone say if I'm doing something wrong? Or maybe it's the effect of color grading ?

Regards, Gregor.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Your sequence settings should read 60 fps same as the gopro.

Guessing this is Holland: set gopro to pal settings.

For export turn off max depth and max render (if you have a dedicated graphicscard)

For future filming I would turn off Protune but that is personaly (I think it ruins the picture).

You can add all that stuff in Premiere you cannot take it out.

For export you can tweak the bitrate quite a bit up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your sequence settings should read 60 fps same as the gopro.

Guessing this is Holland: set gopro to pal settings.

For export turn off max depth and max render (if you have a dedicated graphicscard)

For future filming I would turn off Protune but that is personaly (I think it ruins the picture).

You can add all that stuff in Premiere you cannot take it out.

For export you can tweak the bitrate quite a bit up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I live in Netherlands.

So, sequence the same, but in 60fps, and bitrate up - think 70/80 would be ok?

Just got back from a shooting trip, so I will try Your solution in a moment - thanks for the answer !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started my journey with video making

If that's true, then you're not ready for Premiere Pro.  The first step is to get some education on the general subject of video production.  Composition, lighting, sound, codecs and formats, etc.

Using professional editing software comes much later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched your sample and I think you did a really nice job with moving the camera with gimbal. You were fairly smooth and had finesse.

It's really hard to do that stuff. Wait until you have to WALK OR RUN with it, to keep up with talent and action. Boy, that will be a challenge !  Good first test !

I think you might be confusing color with levels ( color grading vs. contrast / brightness ). It was a little contrasty ( trees sorta dark, sky not quite showing clouds OK ) But in general it was acceptable. You can finesse it re: color AFTER getting your levels right.

: )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for such good words ! It was just a couple seconds first time I hold the gimbal in my hands, I hope, in the matter of time, it would be better. I know that there's a long way of practice and learning (levels/colors included) for me to get good shots - but my determination is big .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use very old version of PPro, but in old days, just dropping 'auto levels' into clip sometimes did wonders to fix stuff...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

start running and exercising thighs and arms and back muscles !

hehe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines