• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i trim a lot of footage while watching it?

Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way to do that by previewing footage and setting markers at the same time. The processing workspace only offers a small preview window which is to small for the footage where i have to look at specific text popping up every once in a while. Currently It's just 1,5 half hours of footage but I'm planning on recording a lot more so i need a way to process this quicker. My footage it's of course something related to gaming and I just wanna know a quick way to highlight these moments so i clip all of the important moments and arrange them to my likings. Would be great if someone could link me to either software or to a tutorial to do it directly inside of premiere pro.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

You can add markers with the M key, you can also drag a marker out for 'duration' (though I can't recall the keyboard short for that).

Another option is to use the Source monitor, playing clips ... setting in/out points and 'Make Subclip', then clearing in/out and playing farther down the clip for any other subclips needed. Subclips appear in your bin and you can name them something useful, like the comment being made or whatever.

Or ... use "pancake" editing, where you have two timeline panels on

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add markers with the M key, you can also drag a marker out for 'duration' (though I can't recall the keyboard short for that).

Another option is to use the Source monitor, playing clips ... setting in/out points and 'Make Subclip', then clearing in/out and playing farther down the clip for any other subclips needed. Subclips appear in your bin and you can name them something useful, like the comment being made or whatever.

Or ... use "pancake" editing, where you have two timeline panels one below the other. Have your "raw" clip above, and watch through it. Use the K key to make a cut at the beginning & end of sections, then Alt-drag the section down to the sequence below. This gets all your cuts on one sequence.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do that with PPro if I understand your question. Basically what you are doing is watching something live, and instead of having multiple cameras shooting the same live event ( like a football game you see on TV ), you have one camera 'recording' the live action. So that's easy in terms of the overall challenge of using multiple cameras, but it's the same technology. You just watch live and turn camera A on and off as you see fit, regarding what you 'record'. You are looking at some breakout boxes and capture cards and some sort of video mixing board or something.

If it's live, and you want to just get what you want during live performance, you have to use that sort of technology. That stuff can be rented if you want, cause it's pretty expensive stuff to buy.

The alternative is to record EVERYTHING and just make cuts, like the rest of us who don't own TV stations.

: (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, you're right ... my answers are based on taking a recording into PrPro and cutting that. If the OP is wanting to cut live stuff, that's not something you can do with PrPro.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry misleading thread title i was talking about a recording and then trimming the material inside of Premiere Pro. I'm gonna take a look at the pancake editing method. Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines