• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 will not let me sign in to my Adobe account

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 5.7.1 on my Windows 10 64bit desktop. I've been trying to sign into it via the "Get started with Lightroom mobile" drop down without any luck. After I enter my password, the popup screen just kinda grey's out. It does the same thing when I try to used my Google account.

Here's a screenshot:

lightroomfailedsigning.jpg

Since I'm able to post this using the same account as I'm trying to sign in with in LR, it's obviously not something to do with me messing up my password. I copy and paste from my password manager.

I have tried shutting down LR completely and trying again.

So, any suggestions?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a subscription to Lightroom, or did you purchase Lightrooom 5 without a subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No subscription. I have a full, normal, license.

Um, how would that cause this error? If it requires a subscription, I'd expect a message to pop up explaining that when I log in. Not for it to just die.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you should NOT sign in. Why are you even trying?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "No subscription. I have a full, normal, license."

There are no mobile features available with your license.

Thats the way it has been since the introduction of the mobile applications for the past couple of years. The last update to the perpetual License applications was LR 6.14 in December 2017. The license for LR 6.14 is still available as a paid upgrade from LR 5 but there will be no further updates.

The latest version of LR Classic CC 7.x is only available as a subscription application as is the completely new application of LR CC 2018. You can get information as to how developments over the past years at the link below.

Lightroom Journal | Tips and advice straight from the Lightroom team.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jerrac  wrote

No subscription. I have a full, normal, license.

Um, how would that cause this error? If it requires a subscription, I'd expect a message to pop up explaining that when I log in. Not for it to just die.

It didn't just "die". You're expecting it to respond to something that it isn't programmed to respond to. Lightroom 5 isn't supposed to provide access to linking collections to the web. In a sense, Lightroom 5 is ancient software, so far behind the times that it cannot respond or react to what you are expecting it to react to. Lightroom 5 doesn't know what it is supposed to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to experiment with the sync feature of the mobile app before deciding on getting a subscription.

> It didn't just "die". You're expecting it to respond to something that it isn't programmed to respond to.

Then why does the option even exist?

> Lightroom 5 is ancient software...

It's only 5 years old. It's desktop software. 5 years is not ancient. Especially when it costs as much as Adobe charged.

Anyway, I would appreciate a clear response about the problem I'm actually having. Not one about my lack of a subscription.

If the lack of a subscription is the reason, then I'd appreciate a better response. Something like "it's a bug that isn't going to get fixed, here's a link to documentation about LR 5 not supporting that feature."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5 IS ancient software. Development and support for it ceased when Lightroom 6/2015 began and that software is no longer being developed nor supported because it has been replaced by yet another upgrade. Additionally, so many of the cameras that are in use today are not supported by Lightroom 5 as far as the raw files are concerned. And those newer cameras never will be supported.

I'm not going to look for any documentation stating that Lightroom 5 doesn't support linking with the web because that functionality wasn't even considered with Lightroom 5. So why would there be documentation suggesting that the functionality wasn't supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jerrac  wrote

I wanted to experiment with the sync feature of the mobile app before deciding on getting a subscription.

Then try the 7-day free trial to Lightroom Classic CC.

Anyway, I would appreciate a clear response about the problem I'm actually having. Not one about my lack of a subscription.

This feature is only available to people with a subscription (or the 7-day free trial of Lightroom Classic CC).

Something like "it's a bug that isn't going to get fixed

It's not a bug. That's the way it was designed, if you have a subscription, you have this feature. If you don't have the subscription, you can't use this feature.

here's a link to documentation about LR 5 not supporting that feature.

You can look for documentation just as easily as we can. Those of us here in this forum who lived through this and were reading Adobe comments regularly know about the difference between subscription and non-subscription versions of Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually once Adobe came out with LR CC 2015, AKA LR V6 perpetual License, all support stopped for LR 5 including any Sync to the Web feature that went along with it. The Perpetual licensed version of LR CC 2015, LR 6, never had the sync feature enabled. To have that you had to have a subscription to LR CC 2015.  The same is true for LR CC 2015. Once Adobe came out with LR Classic CC, Version 7 (Desktop Centric version), all sync features of LR CC 2015 stopped working. If you have a subscription you should of upgraded to the newer version of LR and all support for the older version stopped.

If you want to test LR CC Mobile then do so on your phone and or pad and if you want to test it on the desktop then install the desktop version of LR CC Cloud Centric on your desktop/notebook computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have LR CC2015 and a CC subscription and have the exact same log in problem when using the "get started with lightroom mobile" dropdown in LR CC2015. Asks and takes email, sends verification code to email, accepts it and moves on to ask for password, and then a blank grey box appears and stays for ever.

Any help appreciated.

Ani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screen-clip of the report from the Lightroom MENU: Help > System Info...

If you do have a subscription to the Photography Plan that includes Lightroom-Classic, why have you not upgraded to the latest version 11.4.1 (aka Lightroom-Classic)?

Lr CC2015 is now 7 years old?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To expand on Jim's response, I do not believe Lr 2015CC can sync with the Adobe Creative Cloud since new features added in October 2021. Hence the unavailability to download the Lr mobile app.

See the link below, this provides info I am referring to

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-lightroom-2021-10/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines