• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Packages on Win Server and Fonts folder

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with InDesign Packages being saved from a Mac to a Win server. This is our standard workflow and we wish to retain that workflow.

Problem being... if a mistake is found in a file we may need to delete the InDesign created package from the server. The problem is that the fonts folder always has an adobefnt. file in it that cannot be deleted. Sometime we are able to delete the next day but that is not always the case. I workaround has been to create a new package with a different name. Easy enough but then we have multiple versions of this package on the server which gets confusing.

Anyone else run into this issue and resolve it? Also open to ideas. This is a corporate environment so we are very limited on options from a server standpoint (like say being granted admin perms... not going to happen).

Thank you for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

There are files kept locked by Windows and then you cannot delete the file. this is a networking problem probably unrelated to Adobe software. My workaround to this is creating a directory « todelete » and dropping the directories that resist deletation here in.

Everybody in my group knows, when he or she sees todelete, that they can simply try deleting this stuff. Easy and clean.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Greetings from Adobe!

We are very sorry for this inconvenience. This generally depends on server permissions. Though we have limited support on Network and VM related issues( Technical support boundaries for virtualized or server-based environments | CS) I would still request you to share a screenshot of the file or folder which you can not delete from the server.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are files kept locked by Windows and then you cannot delete the file. this is a networking problem probably unrelated to Adobe software. My workaround to this is creating a directory « todelete » and dropping the directories that resist deletation here in.

Everybody in my group knows, when he or she sees todelete, that they can simply try deleting this stuff. Easy and clean.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines