• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe javascript or any javascript editor for creating dynamic stamps?

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not well-versed in javascript and I only have Adobe Reader, but was wondering if I could create or edit an Adobe dynamic stamp with any javascript editor or if I have to have an Adobe product with javascript?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't create dynamic stamps in Reader because you can't add the form fields and the scripts required for doing so.

You can use a dynamic stamp in Reader, but you need to have Acrobat to be able to create it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I should have rephrased my question.

I understand that I cannot create a stamp using Reader, but I can create a basic custom stamp with color, words, borders in other programs and "import" it into Reader to use. I did a very simple one using MS Excel. Is there a way to take that simple stamp and insert the form fields by using a different javascript editor and then import it into Reader? Or is there another PDF editor application that could do it? Is using Acrobat the only way to create a dynamic stamp?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understood the question. You can create stamps in Reader, but not dynamic ones. For that you would need Acrobat.

I guess other PDF editors can do it too, but I have no experience doing it in another application and I think it will be quite difficult.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines