Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting Files using LR (Mobile) CC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Started using LR Mobile as well as CC Classic on my pc. Set up Synchronised collections to edit photos while on move with tablet or phone..  Edits working ok, However, if I Delete image, rather than Remove, the file is deleted from collection when next synchronise with pc, but the original folder version remains?  So now have to go through the original folder and delete them again.  I want to be able to review loads of images on go and delete the ones dont want.  How can I set this up?

Cheers,

NIck

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

NickFrancis21  wrote

However, if I Delete image, rather than Remove, the file is deleted from collection when next synchronise with pc, but the original folder version remains? 

If images have already been synced to Lr Classic from cloud then above is how the application is designed to work.

The recommended workflow when using with  Lr CC desktop/ mobile is to undertake your image reviews, deletions, etc before you allow the images to sync with Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NickFrancis21  wrote

However, if I Delete image, rather than Remove, the file is deleted from collection when next synchronise with pc, but the original folder version remains? 

If images have already been synced to Lr Classic from cloud then above is how the application is designed to work.

The recommended workflow when using with  Lr CC desktop/ mobile is to undertake your image reviews, deletions, etc before you allow the images to sync with Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On LR Mobile, mark the photos as "rejected". Then when you get back to LR Classic, after syncing, delete the rejected photos with Photo > Delete Rejected Photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks for your help. The Reject method working ok.

Cheers,Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines