• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LIGHTROOM Hanging in import window

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just started happening out of the blue. I cannot import anything, either SD card, Hard drives etc nothing.
Just shows nothing and the loading icon (bottom left arrow of pic) just keeps turning.

I have a deadline for tomorrow morning for some Weezer shots to a mag and I really don't want to stay up the whole night lol.
Any ideas??

LR-issue.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting Lr preference file? Details of procedure can be found at How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Yes I have tried the two step process of deleting preference and also presets. Didn't work unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have installed the latest version of Lightroom (it's version 7.4) ?

There are several bugfixes for import issues.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its the most recent Lightroom.  I have also uninstalled it and re installed with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to LR Edit> Preferences> Performance tab and uncheck 'Use Graphics Processor.' Try the Import again.

If that doesn't work try setting the Import module Sort mode to 'Off.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Todd, I tried both and still the same thing unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brendana66269072  wrote

Yes its the most recent Lightroom.  I have also uninstalled it and re installed with no luck.

Just noticed you've already done a LR  uninstall and reinstall. Make sure you have LR 7.4 installed by going to Help> System Info first line.

Your import destination 'Seagate Backup Plus Drive' is showing as 0.1 / 2 TB, which means you may be running out of available space. What happens if you copy some image files to a folder on the Macintosh HD internal drive and then use 'Add' in the top bar of the Import module? Can you select them in the Source panel?

Just grasping at straws here......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have more room now on that drive then I did a couple weeks ago and it was working fine then.
Even if I click on a folder on my local hard drive that I know only has jpgs in it etc it still just hangs on the loading icon.

Seems like its the import tool itself. no matter what folder I try its just constantly loading icon with no thumbnails loading...

I have literally had to start up a whole new workstation on my PC in the meantime but I would love to figure this out for the laptop.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

brendana66269072  wrote

I have literally had to start up a whole new workstation on my PC in the meantime but I would love to figure this out for the laptop.

What OS version are you running on the PC and on the laptop? One other thing to try is remove ALL USB connected devices (external drives, phones, memory card readers), restart the laptop, and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me if there is supposed to be TWO references to ONE SD card in the left list (see original pic)

I only remember it being in DEVICES not FILES, that might have something to do with the issue if that is not normal.

Thanks again for a ll the help so far people, appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is supposed to be both.

If you have a deadline,  try to just copy the files from the card to the hard drive using your operating system and then import from the hard drive.  This will eliminate any issues with Lightroom and the SD card and if it still doesn't import than it helps to narrow down the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing imports,  not even from hard drive. I was trying to explain that in original post but I did not do a good job lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't done so already close all applications and restart your system. Try importing again.

If that doesn't fix it uninstall LR using the CC app, restart your system, and then reinstall LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd, I have tried rebooting and also uninstalling then reinstalling... its the same issue still unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brendana66269072  wrote

Nothing imports,  not even from hard drive. I was trying to explain that in original post but I did not do a good job lol.

Actually you explained it very well in TWO different places.  I just didn’t read it close enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines