Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I use Lightroom 5.7 and lately it's been crashing a lot while in develop module.  It's crashing, closing and sending reports to Apple...I am thinking I want to just update/purchase the newest software.  Which do I buy - I'm not interested in the cloud aspect but I dunno if I'm looking for 6, 7 or CC and when I do purchase it will I lose all my existing presets??

Any help for this newbie would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

If you don't prefer the subscription models from Adobe you can buy the perpetual license of Lightroom 6. But there is no more support from Adobe. This means there's no support for new camera models and objective and no more bugfixes.

If you choose the subscription, ex. the Photography plan, you get always updates to the newest version. But there's no enforcement to use the Cloud. When you are using Lightroom Classic CC you can work completely on your local machine.

When you install the new version

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't prefer the subscription models from Adobe you can buy the perpetual license of Lightroom 6. But there is no more support from Adobe. This means there's no support for new camera models and objective and no more bugfixes.

If you choose the subscription, ex. the Photography plan, you get always updates to the newest version. But there's no enforcement to use the Cloud. When you are using Lightroom Classic CC you can work completely on your local machine.

When you install the new version all presets will transfer into the new Lightroom    

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are your system specs in line with the needs of the application?

Keep us posted of your success and if you achieved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines