• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Misbehaving Pods - RH7!

Mar 05, 2009 Mar 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FRUSTRATION!
Yesterday, I eventually managed to open three separate ToC pods, side-by-side, so that I could view them simultaneously while arranging some new output Layouts. Great. Most helpful.

This morning it just WILL NOT let me do it again. I can open two separate ToC pods, but when I open a third, it merges with the second one, and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. I've tried dragging it here and there, but it always ends up in the wrong place. And yes, I have seen the Captivate movie on Workspace, http://help.adobe.com/en_US/RoboHelp/7.0/workspace/workspace.htm but it doesn't show me how to solve this problem.

Any ideas, anybody? This is the most frustrating feature of RH7.

(Dear Adobe: I recommend "Don't Make Me Think", a wonderful book about Usability, by Steve Krug.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may seem like a sledgehammer and nut scenario but I'd try resetting your default environment and trying again. Then once you have things the way you want, save your environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Colum,

I tried that, but the second ToC pod merged with the first. AAAAGH! Fiddled around with drag and drop, and found a way to dock it as a lower half screen, then move it from there to dock alongside the first ToC pod. Repeated the procedure and eventually got there. BUT it seems you have to position to an exact pixel position if it's going to work.
I saved the new environment, just to make sure for the future. But there must be an easier way...
Thanks for your help.
Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I can't say for sure as my use of RH only ever used two TOCs and I never had a problem with it. Alas I no longer has access to RH7 or RH8 so I can't test this. Maybe someone else will come in here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp