Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking to specific locations using destinations

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to create a resource that uses an excel spreadsheet to link to various locations in various pdf files.  The pdf files are all stored locally on a network in the same folder as the pdfs.  I've created destinations in Acrobat, but when I create the hyperlink in excel, it changes the '#' to something else.  I'll try and attached screenshots so you can see what I mean.  In short, the pdfs open, but just at page 1.

spreadsheet 1.jpgspreadsheet 2.jpgspreadsheet 3.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks, but it's still just opening it at the front page.  The exact link I'm using is this "June20171F.pdf#nameddest=1" with the file  June20171F.pdf being located in the same folder as the spreadsheet.

I bet it's something simple, but it's really annoying me!

Thanks,

Dom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This type of open parameter only works when the file is viewed from the web. It won't work from a spreadsheet that's pointing to a local file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew that I couldn't link to specific page numbers, but I thought destinations would work.

What are the alternatives for using locally stored files?  The problem is, is that this project is based on GCSE maths papers and they are not released on public websites until 9 months after the exams have been sat.

Thanks,

Dom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create links with named destinations in Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless you use a macro I don't think you can do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines