Exit

Video rotated automatically when inserting

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am inserting a file into a sequence that is 1920*1080

The file resolution is: 2048*858

When I drag an drop it in the sequence, it comes rotated automatically 90 degrees clockwise.

I check the effects control tab, nothing is there

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have Rotation there in the ECP ... Motion, under it Position, Scale, a line or two break for a control, then Rotation ... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you can see in the video embed. that the rotation degree is 0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the rotation so it is properly oriented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it should not be rotated like this when inserting its a horizontal shot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set it to 90.

Either that or go into the Properties panel for the media, and change things there.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl has the good answer about this being a bug, and yes, please do file the report. The new system is a vast improvement. It's something needing a fix.

PeruBob and I were interested in the immediate practical issue to get you running at the moment ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PeruBob and I were interested in the immediate practical issue to get you running at the moment ...

I think the practical issue i crystal clear: Footage is imported correctly as 2048x858 but when placed on timeline the footage auto-rotates for no obvious reason to 858x2048 making editing a pain since each clip must manually rotated. Many clips, many adjustements. Nothing can be changed in either the Properties panel or by using Interpret Footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akurat.

But I believe one can select all clips like this on a sequence and change them at one go ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No and yes. By default it is not possible to rotate multiple clips, but if one create a Preset and set the Rotation to 180 it is possible. But, what happen when the update that fixes this arrive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It´s a known issue and i hope the next update will adress it.

Add your vote and comment here: Bug - Smartphone footage is rotated in CC2018 when importing CC2017 project – Adobe video & audio ap...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but it is not a mobile shot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the project just needs trashing the preferences as the sequence setting also changes eventhough you clicked Keep Settings.

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro? | Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but it is not a mobile shot

It happens to other cameras as well. Some days ago someone reported the same issue with an Arri camera. (don´t remeber the model.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A media info screenshot in treeview is always instructive, even if it simply confirms your description of its native characteristics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attachedScreen Shot 2018-07-13 at 22.53.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use MediaInfo Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 23.09.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont want to be a pest, but in treeview as Stan requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

no worries at all

thanks for the help

i tried downloading treeview from here

http://taxonomy.zoology.gla.ac.uk/rod/treeview.html

but dunno what to do next

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No ... it's in MediaInfo, you can view the information in quite a few different formats ... it's their Tree view. As below ... just ignore the red marks, they were to highlight something for another user.

Neil

MediaInfoTreeViewConstant.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done

Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 12.36.13.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried trashing preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The persistence award!

And yes, I see nothing in the properties that should cause an issue. (There is a rotated flag that is not present here.)

To clarify, in your youtube demonstration in the original post, the asset in the project panel shows as "incorrect" - it is 858x2048, not 2048x858. So it imported incorrectly? - Unlike Averdahl's bug, which imports correctly? And in any event was for a previous project being imported. I'm not questioning the bug or whether this is a variant, just wanting to understand.

Eliei, can you post a sample?

Averdahl, I get an error when I try to get your sample file. But you are saying that the asset file imports correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines