• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo won't open in Guided Mode but it will in Basic and Expert

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the photo opened in Basic mode. When I click on "guided" I get the Adobe photos with the various things you can do to edit the photos. Can't open my

photo in Guided to edit. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Your photo is opened but not yet shown.

You have to specify the effet you want, first by the horizontal menu on top, then you have to click on the desired effect image (icon).

which kind of effect do you want to try?

Which Elements version?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

llamalover22  wrote

I have the photo opened in Basic mode. When I click on "guided" I get the Adobe photos with the various things you can do to edit the photos. Can't open my

photo in Guided to edit. Thanks.

Usually, your file is already open when you want to switch to the guided edits workflow.  You simply click on the image corresponding to the desired edit. Maybe display the photo bin on the bottom to check which photo to process if several are already open.

If you have no photo open before selecting your workflow, you are prompted to open one (top menu or 'Open' button top left). 

The images you are shown are not photos to process,  they are big thumbnail buttons illustrating the effect  (a visual menu, not a selection of files to edit). 

If that does not answer your question, please clarify how you try to select one of your files to edit and what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying!

I have an open photo and tried clicking on it when in the “guided”mode. The big thumbnails stay on the screen and my photo doesn’t appear on the guided edit screen. The photo appears if I go to “Quick” or even “Expert”. Thank you for any help you can pass on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your photo is opened but not yet shown.

You have to specify the effet you want, first by the horizontal menu on top, then you have to click on the desired effect image (icon).

which kind of effect do you want to try?

Which Elements version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! Thanks. It worked! I’m using a trial version of Elements 2018 and want to check everything out before I buy.

Have a great day!

Kris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines