Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting into fan movie trailers and looking for resources

Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I'm interested in doing some fan trailers for tv shows and movies and was trying to gather some resources to help me with this.  First off, does anyone know a place you get a collection of sound effects that are commonly used in modern trailers?  I'm also curious, does anyone know any interviews or anyone personally who actually makes real movie trailers?  Someone who likes to either blog/vlog/make instructional/philosophic videos about this specific editing craft.  I've been watching a lot of trailers and studying commonalities between genres, and noticing how trends change over the year.  I'm looking for discussion of structure as well as workflow.  I've also noticed that when I try and use dips to black and it's hard to get them to be as smooth as I see in the trailers.  Are there more professional looking free/affordable plugins to get better transitions that standard Premiere Pro.  are "dip to black" and "film dissolve" effects in premiere used by trailer editors(who use premiere) or do they have better looking effects/transitions?

That's it for now.  Any tips are greatly appreciated.  Thanks, guys.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Hey! Great questions. This is what I recommend:

(1) AudioJungle for Trailer SFX, here are some sound packs you might like

(2) Check out Editing is Everything YouTube channel for discussions and lots of awesome movie trailers

(3) I use FilmImpact.Net Transitions in Premiere Pro, they have a wide variety of awesome transitions that I use

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Great questions. This is what I recommend:

(1) AudioJungle for Trailer SFX, here are some sound packs you might like

(2) Check out Editing is Everything YouTube channel for discussions and lots of awesome movie trailers

(3) I use FilmImpact.Net Transitions in Premiere Pro, they have a wide variety of awesome transitions that I use in almost every video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks. im Going to check all of this out right now. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. Out of curioisty do you make trailers professionally, or doing fan trailers like me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there! I'm a big fan of trailers, I've made a couple for clients in the past. But right now I'm in the online training and tutorial community. I manage my own training YouTube channel for video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines