Max (20Mbps)
No Audio
TV Standard (NTSC)
Encoding (High; 4.2)
Use Maximum Render Quality (Checked)

MY FILE SIZES
35Mb-70Mb (10sec-30sec)

TV PLAYBACK ON

Insignia 49" LED TV 1080p 60Hz (panel refresh rate)

VIDEO LOOPER
Videotel Digital VP-70 LTE+
Video Output (HDMI, NTSC, PAL)
HDMI Resolution (720p, 720i, 1080p, 1080i)
System Type (Digital Audio/Video/Picture playback)
Video Formats (.avi .vob .dat .iso .mkv .mov .mp4 .mpg .mpeg1 .mpeg2 .ts .mets .wmv .rm .rmvb .flv)
Video Codec (mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, h.263, h.264, wmv9, vc-1, rmvb)
Recommended Bitrate (20mbps or less)
Frame Rate Capability (24fps, 29.97fps, 30fps, 60fps)

-----------------------

I'm creating advertisements for local companies that will play on a TV. The ads will automatically loop using the Videotel Digital looper. The Looper has settings for different video resolutions (1080p 40Hz, 1080p default 50Hz, 1080p alternate 60Hz, 1080i default 50Hz, 1080i alternate 60Hz). When I choose either of the 60Hz options (1080 p/i alternate) in-between the ads flipping from one to the next I get horizontal lines that appear greenish in color that flash on the screen for a frame or two, and not always in-between the same ad files, and sometimes they don't appear at all. If I select any of the 50Hz or 40Hz options, the lines no longer appear.

I spoke with tech at Videotel Digital who were very helpful, but their option was to play my videos at either the 40Hz or 50Hz playback modes. According to them, there should be no difference in either picture quality or smoothness in movement compared to 60Hz playback; however, I can see a difference when looking at sharply defined edges of logos which at less than 60Hz options appear eaten away and movement is choppier at less than 60Hz options.

I tried the Looper and videos on my Samsung TV and I don't get these "interference lines." Tech at Videotel then told me that the new, 1 month old Insignia TV might have a processor problem or mainboard malfunction.

Anybody experience anything similar to this? I have Insignia Repair coming out sometime next week to look at problem but if this is how the TV performs normally then I may be stuck with it. I might have to try a workaround. I was wondering if any other type of export options might stop this from happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?