• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I manipulate the file size when exporting a book as a pdf?

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to set up a jimdo website to share my photobooks. They use google drive as the upload source to embed the pdf file.  Google drive seems to have a limitation on the size of the file it can preview (around 100MB) and some of my books are bigger than this.  Is there anything I can do in lightroom to reduce the file size before exporting?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

While you can't set the size in MB, you can in pixel dimensions, which will influence MB.  If in Book Settings you choose, for example, a book size of 8"x10" and then set the resolution to 200, your pages will be approximately 1600x2000 pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so. The file size is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2018 Jul 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this – the other reason I was hoping this might be possible is because the pdf files for the same books from Blurb are about one quarter the size. Guess I just need to make smaller books if I want them to be accessible from a website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you can't set the size in MB, you can in pixel dimensions, which will influence MB.  If in Book Settings you choose, for example, a book size of 8"x10" and then set the resolution to 200, your pages will be approximately 1600x2000 pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou - I will try this as I don’t need high resolution images for this

purpose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Laura

I just tried this - by reducing quality to 25 per cent and resolution to 200 my file size reduced from 120MB to 10MB. Still fine for screen view and small enough for google drive to embed to my website. I hadn’t used the PDF menu before as up until now I have just used book module for blurb printing.

Thank you for teaching me something new.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome - I'm glad it helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish more people would see how valuable the Book module can be for electronic sharing, despite its constraints!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines