• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI crashes when applying redactions

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to apply redactions on a file containing PDFs of e-mails from gmail, I receive an error message saying "Adobe quit unexpectedly."  I had not had any problems redacting files prior to this, but I tried applying redactions to several other PDFs of e-mails and had the same issue.

Here is a screen shot of the message I recieved:

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 4.41.35 PM.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cm,

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat is crashing when trying to apply redaction on a pdf file, is that correct?

Could you try running text recognition on the pdf prior applying redaction on the pdf as the following thread suggested and check if that works: Acrobat crashes when applying redaction

If that doesn't work, try resetting Acrobat preferences using the steps given in the following link, reboot the machine after resetting preferences and check: How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Let us know if you need any help.
Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I run text recognition on the files that crashed when I tried to apply redactions, I receive an error message that says

"Acrobat could not perform recognition (OCR) on this page because: This page contains renderable text."

I tried resetting the preferences following the steps you suggested but that did not solve the problem either.

In general, adobe does not crash for me when I apply redactions on files, only with a subset of files containing PDFs of e-mails that cannot be OCR'd.

I found a forum post that suggested converting each file into TIFF and then back into a PDF to solve the renderable text issue with OCR, but that would be highly time consuming, and I am wondering if there is any way that it would be possible for me to preserve the redactions that I have already marked in these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Cm,

I would like to mention that Acrobat cannot perform OCR on a document that contains renderable text. You may try the troubleshooting steps given in the following help document: Fix the OCR error Could Not Perform Recognition in Acrobat

Thanks,

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines