Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images not presented as HiDPI

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Anyone help please.
I have a lot of images on my Muse website which is a HiDPI site. All of the images are scaled correctly to be x2 the size at which they are presented. However some image look blurry on a hi-res screen and when I check those images, the image status it says it is 'normal' rather than HiDPI. anthony weller muse problem_fairmont_ajman.jpg

This is one of the problem images - most are okay with the Status as 'HiDPI (2x)'

If anyone could help, I would be very grateful.

Anthony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

As I said (and you’ve already discovered: Reduce the image size by 1 single pixel and all works fine. The „2x“ indicator will appear at once in the „Assets“ next to the image name.

This is a typical – and sometimes unavoidable – mathematical rounding error. In image editing you have in many situations to live with this.

One more information:

Your .muse file has about 300 MB(!!). If you delete the phone and tablet pages, the page and browser backgrounds, the images used in graphic styles and the up

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please place one of these images into a newly created .muse file, upload this .muse file together with the original image to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here? Then we can have a look.

(If this image is private, you can fill it completely with white or black.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sorry about the delayed reply, a commission turned up.

This is a .muse file created by copying my entire website and then whittling it down to one portfolio with a slideshow where I have included a few images – some which display the problem and some which don’t. This is the link:

https://we.tl/KmDFiEQ5vY

I have discovered a workaround where I make the original image two pixels bigger in both dimensions – and this seems to have the desired effect.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Anhthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read my post (answer 1) exactly, you will see, that your file doesn’t help to solve the issue.

Without one original image, the asset panel only shows question marks and no HiDPI indicators – what is clear and expectable: How should Muse find out, if the (not present) asset has the required pixel dimensions?

So: Please

• reduce your slide show to only one image, to save download and analysing time, just as I asked for in my answer posting, and
  • add the original image (as I asked for too).

Otherwise support won’t be possible.

By the way: If we are talking about 1 or 2 pixels, which make the difference, you are probably dealing with mathematical rounding errors. Upsize the image in question by 1, 2 px, and you are done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As requested - two files. The image would appear to be exactly double the pixel dimensions to the displayed:

https://we.tl/XULMezollZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said (and you’ve already discovered: Reduce the image size by 1 single pixel and all works fine. The „2x“ indicator will appear at once in the „Assets“ next to the image name.

This is a typical – and sometimes unavoidable – mathematical rounding error. In image editing you have in many situations to live with this.

One more information:

Your .muse file has about 300 MB(!!). If you delete the phone and tablet pages, the page and browser backgrounds, the images used in graphic styles and the upload files, the file has a really handy size of 1,6 MB.

Really don’t know, why such large files are send to us to investigate. Preparing the files for helpers – especially if literally requested – should be a matter of course. Simply call it cooperation …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help.
Anthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthony,

While curating this forum I came across your thread.

Just wanted to follow up on your issue weather has it been resolved by any way?

If not, then please do share us your .muse file as asked by our expert above so we can help fixing your issue.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines