• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install Adobe Audition 3 on new computer?

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe Audition 3 in 2008. How can I install it on my new laptop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Petruc32588169,

Audition 3.0 is not supported on any of the latest operating systems and therefore, the installer for it may not function normally on any of the latest operating systems.

You will also not be able to activate the product as the activation server for Audition 3 have been shut down, for more information please refer to: "Activation server unavailable" error in Adobe CS2, Acrobat 7, and Audition 3"

I recommend you to upgrade to the latest version of Adobe apps which is Creative Cloud, you can know more about it from here: Adobe Creative Cloud | Software and services for creative professionals, Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Petruc32588169, the installation files for Audition 3.0 are available at Download Adobe Acrobat 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 2 products .  You can find more information regarding the activation server shutdown at Activation server shut down for Creative Suite 2, Acrobat 7, and Macromedia products .

As Bani has indicated, you may face difficulties installing Audition 3.0 on a modern Operating system.  Please do update this public forum discussion if you have any questions or encounter any errors during the download and installation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to reinstall Audition 3 on my desktop have disk, have serial number tried you suggestion.

con

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jeff has stated, you will likely face difficulty installing Audition 3.0 on a "new laptop". Old software and new systems just don't like to play nicely all the time. You may need to consider upgrading Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,

upgrading not so easy, all I need is Audition 3 and am not in situation to pay a monthly fee for stuff that I will not use. Having the disk and serial number obliviously is not enough,Con

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly, having the disk and serial number is not enough. You need a replacement for both, see the first link in the first reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But, remember, if you buy a new computer or get a new system, then you need to budget for all new apps. Anything that still works is a bonus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines