Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere generating password prompt for first SMB share on server

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Seeing an extremely strange issue in Premiere when working out of a SMB share. The SMB server is a FreeNAS 11 box. Clients are MacOS El Capitan.

The issue is that when one clicks the first SMB share in the Premiere file browser one is prompted for credentials for the alphabetically first user on the FreeNAS box.

If the credential dialog is closed everything is usable; doesn't appear that credentials are needed.  Everything is browsable in Finder.

Clicking any other share or any subfolder of the first share doesn't generate the credential prompt.

I've confirmed that the share in question has identical permissions when compared to the others.

It's not a weird issue with the project file as the issue is reproducible with a new, blank project.

Anybody seen anything like this before?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ITS,

Have you contacted the VAR who set up this shared media system yet? Sorry, but this issue is beyond my expertise. I don't have a shared media system similar enough to run any tests for you either. I will ask around for you, though.

I will say that we experience a lot more trouble with groups trying to run multiple systems on a NAS, as more things can go wrong with them with digital video. Usually, groups are much more successful with a SAN, from what I've observed.

Hope we can get another user here to chime in.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response.

This issue sits at the confluence of a number of issues which makes it tricky for our VAR to take full responsibility.

For example usually the OS would mount the network share and then present the storage to applications on the system.

What is strange here is that the share is completely accessible and requires no extra credential dialogs in any software other than Premiere.  This makes it look like a Premiere issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines