• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Brushes (not just the tool bar)

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop updated while I was away from my computer and now all the brushes I had there have been replaced by some design called "Kyle's brush design" and I only have one brush left from the previous version because I was using it while it was updating. Is there any way I can get those older brushes back? I was using them for an assignment and now I can't finish it because it won't look the same... Any Ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Did you also try Legacy Brushes?

Its possible that something went wrong in the update I suppose. If I suspected that I would simply uninstall Photoshop then reinstall it. That should install a fresh set of default brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Brushes Panel you can restore the defaults - and then add from there if you wish.

Screenshot 2018-02-20 22.18.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this already before turning to here for help, the brushes I had been using prior to update still did show back up. Is it possible the update just got rid of them entirely? They weren't anything special, just the basic brushes Photoshop came with, but still...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also try Legacy Brushes?

Its possible that something went wrong in the update I suppose. If I suspected that I would simply uninstall Photoshop then reinstall it. That should install a fresh set of default brushes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I'll give that a try and see if that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!!! Now I can finish my project! Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem, my Kyle's brushes and a bunch of other I downloaded have gone missing. This is at least the 4th time this has happened. I did not reset anything. They were there yesterday, today they are gone. I tried the options you suggested, neither brought them back.  I also tried to load them, but there is nothing there but the default brushes. I checked my app data.....brushes, and my photoshop 2018.......brushes. The folders are empty.

I know I can reload all of them...which I guess I will do because I need them RIGHT now, but I really don't want for this to keep happening. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines