• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rearrange or sequencing images in (new) Lightroom CC albums

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my greatest uses of Lightroom Classic is using it to sequence publications by arranging images within a collection.  Its done easily by left clicking on the image and dragging it elsewhere in the collection to create a sequence by simply rearranging the images.  However, after downloading Lightroom CC, I seem unable to do this inside of albums.  It seems the only way to rearrange the images is by allowing Lightroom to sort them by some type of specific data (file number, capture date, rating, etc).  Is there something I am missing or some simple command I can't find that allows me to rearrange the images by simply dragging them inside the album? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

LRCC doesn't yet allow rearranging images into a Custom Order. However, it WILL support any custom order you set either in Classic or LRCC for Web.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LRCC doesn't yet allow rearranging images into a Custom Order. However, it WILL support any custom order you set either in Classic or LRCC for Web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jim.  I can't understand why such a simple task would be left out of the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In fairness to Adobe, it would have been impractical to put all the LR Classic features into the first version of a brand new app, so they've done what they felt was more important initially. Not everybody will agree, so they hope that users will request and vote on their favourite missing features at the official Adobe feedback site: Lightroom CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

I expect that custom sort order has already been requested, so why not head over there and add your vote?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't have anything positive or constructive to say.  I suppose I'll just continue to use Lightroom Classic until I find out they have upgraded CC to the added functionality I am looking for.  Disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto!  What a shame.  Such a simple and useful feature done away with.  Why?  I have found if you go here http://lightroom.adobe.com  you can arrange them on the web.?.?  Strange.  Back to Classic for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correction, nobody will agree to this implementation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And on iOS also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is really disappointing that a re-ordering function is not available in the most current version of Lightbox. This was the one function I saw as a key advantage to this software over others, as I can access the Photoshop functions already. Unfortunately, my subscription is only for CC, so I'm out of luck accessing the earlier, more functional version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it at Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom or on an Apple Mobile device though (unsure about Android)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can rearrange photos in albums however you want. Its not intuitive, but it works. Select the image you want first, then in menu click -> Photo -> Edit date and time. Order your images by ascending date in the same month/year. Then you get the custom sort order you are after. If you have it connected to Portfolio, remember to refresh from lightroom to update sort order. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I will ever be able to fathom Adobe's sheer stupidity in creating a program whose raison d'être is to allow users to manage their photo albums then remove the main feature which allows them to manage their photo albums. What's next, a version of Photoshop that won't allow users to change a file's color mode? And to think, a team of professionals made this decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines