Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cmd+Q won't quit Bridge

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This bug has happening for some time - I believe it started in Bridge CC 2017 but it is still present in this version. So I’m not sure if it is 100% related to Bridge.

Situation: the shortcut Cmd+Q to quit Bridge works fine, up until the moment I've hidden the app. After that Cmd+Q (Quit) won't work to quit.

• So I start Bridge - Cmd+Q works fine to quit again.
  • I start Bridge, hide it (using Cmd+H), bring it back to foreground, and Cmd+Q doesn't do anything anymore. I have to go to the menu bar and select Bridge>Quit Bridge. After I quit and restart the app, Cmd+Q will work again until the app has been hidden.

I've checked my system shortcuts, but nothing interferes with this shortcut. Cmd+Q works fine on other apps (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign,… all quit when using the shortcut). Also all other shortcuts do seem to work in Bridge, it's just the Cmd+Q that doesn't do anything.

Like I said, it might not be related to Bridge since trashing preferences or reinstalling doesn't change anything. Also the same bug has been going on since a few versions.

Would be nice to get some feedback on possible cause (and solution) for this

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Not big chance they are going to do something about. What I noticed Br team from 10 years ignores their users regarding bugs they introduced they were not part of program earlier. I noticed you found a reason of this bug that is not said in that report. Now you know it happnes when you firstly use cmd  h (to hide Photoshop). Maybe if you mention that they won't be enough lazy to find it themselves. Then beeing aware of reason they can fix it. Btw I wanted to search for this problem there but the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not big chance they are going to do something about. What I noticed Br team from 10 years ignores their users regarding bugs they introduced they were not part of program earlier. I noticed you found a reason of this bug that is not said in that report. Now you know it happnes when you firstly use cmd  h (to hide Photoshop). Maybe if you mention that they won't be enough lazy to find it themselves. Then beeing aware of reason they can fix it. Btw I wanted to search for this problem there but there's too bad search so just gave you link to site. If that bug was on Windows I could easily fix it, not on Mac.

Btw I found similar bug on Wndows with Photoshop. After I use WIN D to hide Ps (in order to go to desktop) and then I'm back to program I can not use CTRL (SHIFT) TAB to change active document to (previous) next one(s). Probably because noone beside me reported it they are not going to fix it. The worst is it's fresh bug that wasn't part of Ps before CC 2018, so they should be obligated to sort it out fastly. Unfortunately I don't see they care of, especially that is something easy to fix.

Broken behaviour of 'control tab' / 'command tilde' to cycle through minimised documents in CC 2018 ... (3 months waiting! For your case it's 7 years!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I'll give it go then. I'll copy my findings in the other thread.

Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines