• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nothing shows in my effects panel PSE18

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed PSE 18 today, previously using 13. I have older actions that don't run with the actions window installed in PSE13 through the effects panel. I followed the same steps I always have to put the actions in the effects panel and they won't show up. I used to be able to force it to update the Mediatadatabase.db3 file.. I can't find that anywhere in the 18 folders. Anyone have any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actions are now a separate panel. From the menu go to:

Window >> Actions

You should find several built-in actions which can be used by selecting and clicking the play button.

To add third party actions click the pull down menu (top right in the panel with horizontal lines) and choose “Load Actions”

Then navigate to your .ATN files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why have I been able to put them in the effects panel previously? Even in 13 with the action window, I had some in the effects panel. I prefer them to run from the effects panel than a separate window. There has to be a way to get them to show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In older versions of PSE it was possible to use third parry actions from the effects panel but these required two files e.g. an .atn file and a .png thumbnail

They were stored in the following location

Computer OS (C:) >>Program Data >>Adobe >>Photoshop Elements >>9.0 >>Photo Creations >>Photo Effects

My PSE 2018 does not have the Photo Effects folder. I think Adobe has tried to simplify the process.

You could try creating a new Photo Effects folder and then adding the appropriate file pairs. Let us know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an effects folder, I found that, copied my items to it and can not get them to show up for anything. The preloaded actions show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 18 for Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file path will be:

Computer OS (C:) >>Program Data >>Adobe >>Photoshop Elements >>16.0 >>Photo Creations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup! That's where I put them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you load just the .atn file into the actions player does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They run, but you can't see the names of what they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, did you ever find the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this issue too after upgrading from PSE13 to PSE 2019. I have a bunch of older actions that were in the Photo Effects folder that I could use in the editor under the effects panel. I don't necessarily want all of my actions loaded the new way. Where can we put those older actions so we can use them in the effects panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines