Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Enable Continue Button after all content in widget is reviewed

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok all,

I'm no programmer and have been depending on the out-of-the-box functionality of Adobe 9 to get me through, but I've hit a stumbling block.

My training includes an accordion widget with definitions and text-to-speech. That was easy. My client wants me to make sure the learners review all of the definitions before enabling the continue button on the screen. The skin does not have the navigation buttons, but I am using the Interaction > Button functionality to make my buttons.

I have looked through the Advanced Actions thinking that would help (and it may, again, not a programmer). How would I enable this sort of functionality?

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to disappoint you. The Learning Interactions (I think you mean those, don't use the original widgets because they are not compatible with HTML output) are 'closed'. There is no way to force anything like you want (don't agree with that forced behavior at all, but that is off topic).  The acoordion interaction is a static interaction, there are no variables nor events linked with them.

If you need to 'force' you should have to create a custom accordion, which is possible with a multistate object.

About forcing views outside of the learning interactions:

Force First View (micro-navigation) - Captivate blog

Force first view - Captivate 8 - Captivate blog

In this post you'll find a descriptive table of the interactions, and explanation of the difference between a static and an interactive interaction:

Tips - Learning Interactions - Captivate blog

As for buttons a tip: shape buttons (smart shapes with Button functionality) are the only interactive objects which can be on master slides, timed for the rest of the project and can also be used on question slides. None of the other interactive objects have that functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the bad news

Seriously, thanks for the quick response. I'll check into your suggestion about States (first time for that too I guess).

BTW: what are smart shapes? Is that different than the Shapes dropdown?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the official term is Smart Shapes. When converted to button some label it still smart shape button but I call it a shape button. Have a look at this old post:

Why I like Shape buttons

You can also have a look at this recent post, written for CP2017 but works also in CP9, could be an alternative for your accordion. You can add audio to states without problem. A state can have text and images.

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/07/force-clicking-hotspots-comparison-2-workflows/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources