• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW CAN I MATCH THE VOCALS WITH THE MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS

Contributor ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i (auto)match the pitch of the singer's vocals with the other instrumental track with a click of a button or other ways in audition or premiere pro ? I recall this being possible 15 years ago in some basic music software. I received no replies on Audition forum for some unknown strange reason.Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you say "other instrumental track", so you mean you have one track of audio that is JUST instruments ?

when you say 'match the pitch' of singer's vocals, do you mean you have a separate track of just the singers ?

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that is correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly, what you want to do is SYNC the sound track of vocals ONLY to the track that ONLY has instruments.

Is that correct ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is an underlying musical instrumental composition and the singer can't hit the same pitch as the musical instruments so in that case his voice track needs to be adjusted to the same pitch as the musical instruments that's what I'm trying to get at and there should be an option some how to match the pitch of his voice to the existing musical instruments playing on another track and off course eventually they'll be all one track one song

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking for Auto-Pitch correction?

Best Auto-Tune Software | How to Autotune | Autotune Program

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

autotune is not an adobe program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful re: the pitch adjustment things mentioned. It might be wise to sync the tracks first. and have them linked to video, if you have video ( sorta unknown at this point ).

So, pitch adjustment doesn't throw out your sync with video or whatever. Nice to have good advice here though. Could be there is NO video involved ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried PLURAL EYES?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for everybody's answers. I'll try to figure out which of all those softwares do the job....Given that Adobe has a separate product for every part of media, and given its vast resources, I would certainly expect that they have an automatch feature available as some smaller companies already seem to have. Most singers do not hit the pitch correctly so it's one of the most important components, and even if they do it can always be improved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose you are right. There must be something to automatically ( by clicking a button) fix stuff.

With regard your assumption I have to say that I lived with a mezzo soprano opera and musical theatre woman who was pitch perfect and could throw her voice out into live audience without microphones (amplification). This is basically what some great "singers" do in some circles of the world. Live, with orchestra etc.

To think that most singers are "off" and need correction, and that those who are good "need some correction" is a bit dumb. And to think you can click a button and fix it all is even dumber.

hehe, just saying, no offense, but this aint karaoke.

: )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

to give you credit, you'll notice over the years that that met and avery fisher music halls and many others in the world, have done major acoustic renovations so the audience can actually HEAR the stuff well. That is a matter of sound bouncing around and where the sources of sound are coming from, and where the audience "generally" sit to hear stuff live. If you're in the balcony you might be screwed. If in the front mezzanine you might be OK. Don't underestimate the beauty of sound and live performance ( and the ability to record that to bring it to people in TV land, etc. ).

Just clicking a button doesn't cut it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines