• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where's the "Paste Special"?

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that if I paste content from Microsoft Word into a RoboHelp topic, it comes in with all that dreadful Microsoft HTML markup. I want to use a Paste Special to paste that type of content in as plain text. However, I can't fine that kind of option.

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

I don't believe there is. I typically just open Notepad, paste from Word, copy and then paste into RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe there is. I typically just open Notepad, paste from Word, copy and then paste into RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops... Kimberly wasn't there when I clicked reply.

Yeah, what Kimberly said! LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to one such utility.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was afraid of and what I was planning to do. I was just hoping that there actually IS a Paste Special so I wouldn't have to. Hard to believe there isn't though. Thanks to both of you for the replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

To my knowledge there has never been a Paste Special command. The best shot is likely to perform a side trip. Open something like Windows Notepad, paste there, copy it back from Notepad and paste into RoboHelp.

Or, there are Clipboard Manager utilities you can install that provide this functionality.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stealthy... like a ninja!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be so late to the party!

There is a quicker way. Paste straight into RoboHelp and then select what you have pasted. Then locate Clear Formatting and it removes all inline styling.

In RoboHelp 2015 see the Edit > Character. There is an icon with the letter A and a red X.

In RoboHelp 11 see Format > Clear Formatting.

tmp1.png

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter! I was just looking for this information, so your post was incredibly helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is useful - thanks, but part of my godforsaken role is to paste excerpts from various documents into a summary sheet.

With the 'click-counter' on, the additional step to reformat a pasted item every time (I don't want to change my behaviour system-wide as, outside of RoboHelp, I may want formatting to be maintained) is onerous. I understand the workarounds, but like most "Tech Writers", pasting into Notepad or using a clipboard modifier isn't an ideal solution. As an application that deals with preparing digital content, a 'Paste Special' option would be valuable, or playing the negative card, the system is lacking without it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No good asking for features here as it is mostly hosted by fellow users.

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that bug/feature in this thread and others can vote for it.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp