• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transitions and Keyframes

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work primarily with still images, animating them with various zooming and panning effects.  Thus each image clip usually has a keyframe at its very beginning and very end. 

When I add a fade-in/fade-out transition between clips, the positions of these keyframes is altered, and I have to re-position them, one-by-one.

Is there any way this repositioning by the addition of a transition can be avoided?  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that their location in the Effects Panel is different or that it just looks different when you play it?

It is usually best to have the keyframes start and end before and after the transition's handles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Peru+Bob  wrote

It is usually best to have the keyframes start and end before and after the transition's handles.

I should have said clip's handles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Let's see if I can explain it, when you place a transition between 2 images, for example, cross-dissolve, the program needs to repeat the last frame to complete the transition, when it does, the keyframes in the effects control panel will give the appearance that is moves, but in reality it is not like that, what happens is that the transition zone was added, when you  re-position  the keyframes, what you do is put them in the next image, within the transition zone.

I hope you understand the explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines