• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Workspaces STILL not working

Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I updated to Version 12.1.2 (Build 69) hoping that the problem with my Workspaces would be fixed but it wasn't.

When I arrange my windows the way I like them, I go Workspaces --> Save As New Workspace, title and save it. But when I close Premiere and re-open a project, the windows are not where I saved them. If I go to Workspaces --> and select the new one I just saved, nothing changes!

This was a problem before today's update and continues to be a problem despite this from Adobe's list of Bug Fixes in the new version: "Workspaces save now correctly with the project"

I have been putting up with this issue hoping it would be fixed in the next update but sadly it was not.

Any suggestions?

macOS

High Sierra - Version 10.13.5

2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3

AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you dump your media cache/cache database and preferences files with the new update?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that. No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impala Boy,

Did you try this with a new project or an existing project? If you have not already done so, try this with a new project.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just created a new project and new workspace. Saved workspace with new name, closed Premiere, re-launched and windows were not were I left them.

Chose the new workspace that I had just created and no change to the windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, let me tell engineering about it. See what they say.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about this: Please file a bug: Premiere Pro: Hot (1769 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed a bug fix request. Now I want my Preferences back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify - the issue is that when Premiere opens it is not defaulting the last workspace that was selected, correct?

The new workspace you created exists and you can switch to it manually after reopening the project and it works properly?

Hoping to confirm that this is an issue of what workspace is being used by default when reopening projects.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. In my case I can create a new workspace and it will save it - but the order and selection of workspaces to be displayed in the Workspace bar is not/never retained.

If I reset that order and choices for the Workspace bar, once I save and close the program, the next time I open it opens with different workspaces listed in the workspace bar.

EDIT: This problem began with the last update and continues in the current release.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meg,

Have you reset prefs (This has resolved the same issue for some) Also, have you tried renaming your workspaces folder in order to have Pr create a new one?      I'd be happy to work with you directly to try a few things if you would like.  

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have reset preferences and deleted the workspaces folder to have Premiere Pro reconstruct a new one when the problem first appeared in the last version with no result.

I again deleted preference after installing the current version and no result.

Do you want me to try those again? Can you refresh my memory as to where the Workspace Folder is on Mac OS?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to remove the Workspaces folder a couple times in the last build, as I initially had this problem. After a couple CC Cleaner Tools utilization to blast both the app & assorted files off the computer, and repeated manual dumping of the Worspaces folder, I got it working.

So ... yea, I'd recomment dumping that folder, rebooting, then trying again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have repeatedly deleted the folders Archived Layouts and Layouts that live on the path:

Users/me/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/12.0/Profile-CreativeCloud-

cleared preferences by holding down the option key at program launch,

created a new empty project, reset the workspaces order and created and saved new workspaces, and then saved and closed the Project.

On next launch the workspaces are reset to default.

So on launch I get this:

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 11.35.45 AM.png

when what I saved was this:

Screen Shot 2018-07-18 at 11.36.25 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meg,

Thanks for investigating.

It seems what may have helped others with this problem was deleting or renaming the (non creative cloud) Profile folder as Premiere will automatically build a new one.   I'm wondering if a conflict has been introduced from syncing your settings from the cloud.   Also wondering if you might have an older version of Premiere installed as well? 

For Premiere 12,  I'm guessing you may have 2 different profile folders in your documents folder.   While this is as designed and normal, it may be an important thing to investigate a bit more (or rebuild both) in order to figure out the bug occurring here. 

Can you (backup as needed) then rename both of your old profile folders and check the regular behavior before syncing from the cloud?    Also remember that Pr can scan previous versions for workspaces to make them available in newer releases as well. 

Please lmk if this helps!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, uninstalled all previous versions using Adobe uninstallers, changed the two Profile versions names to force rebuild, and I do not believe I sync with the cloud unless I force the sync.

Still get the same behavior regarding workspaces.

Mac OS 10.13.6

PPRo 12.1.2

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meg,

Is there still a folder for your previous version of Pr in your documents folder or was it removed during uninstall?  Worth checking just to be thorough.

Re: the workspace bar config and workspace order - I believe that setting should be saved as part of your prefs file (in your profile folder). I just edited the configuration of my workspace bar and it modified my Adobe Premiere Pro Prefs file.   This is something worth checking / verifying.   When you create new workspaces, do they show up on the far right of the workspaces bar?   With your most recent investigation Is it just not saving them after you change their order?

Could you try editing the order of the workspaces bar and see if that is causing a change to the timestamp of the Adobe Premiere Pro prefs file?   Deleting or resetting the prefs file right before testing this might be a good idea as well. 

Thanks for your patience and assistance.    Something strange is going on here but all this info is helpful.

Thanks,

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only version in Users/me/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro is the folder for version 12.0.

If I create new workspaces, and change the order and what workspaces appear in the workspace bar, the Layouts xml. the file at Profile-me/Adobe Premiere Pro Prefs, and the Archived Layouts xmls all show date modified is changed to the current time.

If I then save the Project, close it and reopen it, the workspace bar still resets to default, and does not reflect my changes.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try a reinstall of 12?

Are you a small shop/single user or an enterprise account?  (Prefs can vary for some enterprise accounts)

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help -

Single user.

Using the Creative Cloud app, I uninstalled the last and only version of Premiere Pro I have on this computer, choosing to delete preferences as well.

I downloaded the current version.

Problem remains . . .

As a test, rather than move the workspaces to the Do Not Show area of the Edit Workspaces Pane, I actually select and Delete the ones I don't want to see - and still, the next time I launch the app, the default workspaces are shown.

While this is not a dealbreaker, it is pebble in my shoe.

Problem originated in the last version and continues to present.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand... the pebble is annoying me as well.  

I will do a little digging and see if I can find someone with more workspaces expertise.

Will be in touch,
Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mtd,

After doing some more digging, I believe the core issue here may have arisen from having both local and cloud workspace settings.   It's an unwieldy bug but I have something simple and easy for you to try.

Can you add your workspaces, edit the workspace bar, then upload your profile to the Cloud?

Let's see if that resets things and gets you back up and running.

Wes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I was certainly hoping that would fix it but, sorry, it didn't.

I configured the workspaces and workspace bar, synced (uploaded) settings with the cloud, then saved and closed the project.

I then reopened the project and the default workspaces were back - so I synced (downloaded) from the cloud, and my custom workspaces are there but the workspace bar still displays the default set of workspaces.

Thanks for the suggestion.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just throwing this out there in case they are related, but I've noticed for awhile now that PP doesn't even save the screen settings. Size and location in Windows. It always opens full screen rather than where you had it opened last as is typical and as the other CC apps do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines