Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxies that worked yesterday don't work today

Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i made all my proxies yesterday, today after reopening the project Premiere plays the original files...

I can see that proxies are attached in the via the metadata display... the toggle switch on to use the proxies and still nothing...

So i go in and reconnect the proxies to make sure Premiere knows where they are, they still don't work.

I decide to disconnect the proxies and reconnect to the original files, after that the metadata still says the proxies are "attached"

WOW, THESE PROXIES SURE ARE SAVING ME A LOT OF TIME!

But really, what do I have to do to get Premiere to work correctly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, how do you know you're actually on the original not the proxy?

When you toggle the proxy icon in the program monitor, it goes blue when on, gray when off  ... is that what yours is doing?

And which proxy preset did you use?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because the proxies crop the sides a little bit... that's how i know it's not using them.

1024x540 Cineform

So here's another thing Premiere does that is just amazing... I make the media offline and it means nothing to the programs because all the "offline" footage still plays instead of going offline like I want.

So, I unplug the external with the footage and open the file... now the footage is REALLY offline, I reconnect the proxies. (funny since they were already attached before and I saved the project, but...Premiere doesn't work we've established that) So, then the proxies work with the toggle switch; offline until i hit the switch, then i see the proxy. I plug the dive back in and reopen... now two of three proxies work...

So..... Did this proxy workflow ever work beyond the first season with them connected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like most users, I've no troubles with the proxies. There are certain situations or things that people try that don't work as expected.

So ... does the toggle proxy icon turn blue/gray as you click it?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you render the timeline? The render plays ahead of the proxy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines