• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purple green edge

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon opening a photo in Photoshop CS 6, Camera Raw or Lightroom 6 the image is contrasting, in particular within shades and on the boundary of light and shades, and a purple green edge appears. This is visible particularly on facial images on a neutral background from a studio. I can see this phenomenon on images that I made and adjusted before, but it does not appear in other viewers in the same computer. It started happening after switching from version 4 to version 6, from Windows 7 to 10 and installing  a SSD disc. When I open the same images in a second computer with CS4, LR4 and windows7, this does not occur.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

milosz95038274  wrote

Upon opening a photo in Photoshop CS 6, Camera Raw or Lightroom 6 the image is contrasting, in particular within shades and on the boundary of light and shades, and a purple green edge appears. When I open the same images in a second computer with CS4, LR4 and windows7, this does not occur.

This looks like a graphics driver or monitor profile issue. Two things to try:

1) Co to LR menu Edit> Preferences> Performance and uncheck 'Use Graphics Processor.'

If the issue persists.

2)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm typing on a problem with chromatic aberration.

What is Chromatic Aberration (Color Fringing) and How Do I Fix It in Lightroom? - YouTube

Can you please post a screenshot that we can see your problem.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printscreen.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is how it looks like in another programme (how it should look like). For your reference.Bez názvu.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I once had a situation where I took some photos of cheerleaders that I knew were wearing blue uniforms, but the uniforms displayed as purple in Lightroom. Calibrating my monitor fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mind sharing the image and your settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

milosz95038274  wrote

Upon opening a photo in Photoshop CS 6, Camera Raw or Lightroom 6 the image is contrasting, in particular within shades and on the boundary of light and shades, and a purple green edge appears. When I open the same images in a second computer with CS4, LR4 and windows7, this does not occur.

This looks like a graphics driver or monitor profile issue. Two things to try:

1) Co to LR menu Edit> Preferences> Performance and uncheck 'Use Graphics Processor.'

If the issue persists.

2) Follow the directions at the below link to change your monitor profile to sRGB if using a standard gamut display or Adobe RGB if using a wide gamut display. Restart LR to load the new profile.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-change-my-monitor-profile-to-check-whether-its-corrupted/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried both things and it helped! Thank you so much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If changing the monitor profile is what actually "fixed" the issue you may want to purchase a monitor calibrator. This will allow properly adjusting your display and creating a profile that provides more accurate screen rendering. You can also try installing a monitor profile from TFT Central's database if one is available for your display. Following the instructions provided here:

ICC Profiles and Monitor Settings Database - TFTCentral

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines