• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

a7iii video problems

Contributor ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The a7iii produces produces video files comprising an mp4 file plus an accompanying xml file. When played with my regular player they play smoothly and without interruption. When imported into LR classic, they play choppily, I suspect because LR is taking no account of the xml file whereas my regular player is. Is there anything I can do about this?

Windows 10 64 bit, LR Classic 7.4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Walterono,

Sorry that the videos from Sony A7iii are playing choppily in Lightroom Classic 7.4.

Could you please provide us one sample video so that we try reproducing the issue at our end? (Upload to any file sharing service like Dropbox and share the URL)

You may send me a PM if you'd like to with the video URL.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would I send you a private message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Walterono,

I believe there should be a setting in your camera, so that it only records and saves the mp4 file without the xml file.

Could you please let us know where is the mp4 file stored? Is it stored locally or on a network drive?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Initially, obviously, on the camera's memory card, and then transferred to my PC. Playback is smooth when using a video player but stutters in LR. I assume therefore that it can't be the problem of the CPU  (Intel Core i5 4570) if it can deal with the videos via the video player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines